Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Words 2

Greetings, My Friends.
As we grow up, we may not be aware of what is happening in our lives. As we get into the teen years and later, we probably recognize that we have some problems. Those problems probably started manifesting themselves very early in our lives, but we were not aware.
I don't want to sound like a shrink, but many problems and complexes got their start when you were a kid. Many adults trying to be funny can cause the damage. For instance, if someone told you stories about ghosts or monsters when you were very young, you may have certain fears today.
The list goes on. An uncle has fun teasing you, because you stutter. It can actually make the problem worse, and in later years, even if the stutter is gone, you may have a fear of talking to people or groups.
Someone pushes you into water as a joke, and you spend the rest of your life afraid of water. Someone teases you about your weight, and you have weight problems the rest of your life. These are just a few examples of what some people call innocent fun, but it can be devastating in someone's life. When a person experiences this kind of trauma, it usually lasts for years, even for a lifetime.
Most of us don't realize how fragile the human psyche can be. The self-worth that a person has, is usually a result of past experiences. Many problems we have today, would not be a problem had we not been set up for it years earlier.
I have always said that 100 positive things cannot erase one negative one. I believe, if we give our children nothing but positive words,and experiences,  and make their home a good Christian one, showing them by actions, not just words, the chances of them growing up healthy mentally as well as spiritually and physically is very good.
We must think about what we say and do with young people, in order to lessen fears, anxiety, inferiority and personal relationships in the future. We must first use our brains, and our mouth second. We will continue looking at words as they affect marriage and in the workplace.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment