Thursday, August 15, 2013

Trials of Faith

Greetings, My Friends,
Today I would like to tell you about some of the trials of faith that I have experienced in the past, and will probably go through again. I tell you about these because I'm sure other people are in the same boat.
Let's start with feeling the presence of the Lord in my life.  Most of the time I don't have an overwhelming feeling. I do however have a feeling of total peace in my heart and my mind. Fear as we commonly call being afraid or worried about something has no place in my life. I choose to believe the Lord is with me always, because he said so.
Trust is another subject that involves daily life. A problem may come up. My first reaction is one I am constantly working on. I try to take care of it myself.  Most of the time that solution doesn't help, or the problem gets worse. Usually when I am in deep enough, I call on the Lord. He always helps. I know I should call on him first, and I always feel stupid when I get in a jam because I didn't.
Another trust issue involves things like desires of your heart. Sometimes I forget that he puts a desire in my heart, so He also has a plan. I hate to use the excuse of being human, but I am and I will. I say I trust, and I really try, but sometimes he doesn't work fast enough. My first mistake is thinking about how to make it happen. Does the Titanic story ring a bell? I forget sometimes that while I am working on a solution, the Lord backs off. If I want Him to work, I must step back out of the picture. Here is where patience comes in handy. His timing is perfect. Mine isn't. Praise the Lord, I am getting better.
Prayer is something I do regularly. I was raised in a church with all sorts of prayers and rituals. After the age of 13, when I no longer attended church school, I no longer attended the church.
Many years later I started praying by accident. I don't even know when it started. Even before I was saved, I started talking, to God every once in a while. Since I was born again, I do it all the time. When I talk to the Lord, it really is a prayer from my heart. My mind doesn't wander, and praying for someone else is more sincere. That's what works for me. I am a child of God, and I talk to my father.
If you're anything like me, there is still hope for us all. Praise the Lord!
God bless you and remember
Jesus loves you,
Prayer Of  Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe, with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment