Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Trinity Prayers

Greetings, My Friends;
It has recently come to my attention that some believers are not sure about which member of the Holy Trinity to pray to. I will give you a short definition of how I see it. Again, this is my opinion.
Just for the sake of giving an example of the Holy Trinity, and how I think it functions, I use the example of a family man. He is a husband, father, and provider. When someone in the family needs or wants something, they generally do not think too much about who to ask. It is one person filling three shoes.
God the Father is the creator. He is primarily concerned about all of His creations. He keeps everything working properly. He sets events and limits on everything that most people refer to as nature. He controls circumstances and such for His number one creation. He determines if we are rich or poor, where we live, how long we live and  who will be called to salvation. This is certainly not all, but I think you get the idea.
Jesus the Christ is primarily associated with salvation and miracles. He died for our sins and rose again so that we can have eternal life. He said that He only did what the Father told Him to do. Jesus was a teacher, a miracle worker, and a sacrificial lamb. He loved the father and the Father loved Him. He was sent here to redeem God's people and to prepare them to go back to the Father.
The Holy Spirit is the power, helper and guide. He comes to dwell in us with salvation. He's a quiet little voice inside of us. If we talk to Him, He will talk to us. He helps us whenever we ask Him, bails us out even if we didn't ask Him, and patiently waits for us to come to our senses. He will help us to understand the Bible. He will direct our prayers to the Lord, and even helps us to pray. As it is with God, he will not step in most times unless we ask. I say most times, because if we are in serious danger He will protect us.
When I pray, I got into the habit of talking to Jesus, as I would a best friend. I tell Him what is in my heart, I thank Him, I ask for help, or whatever else.
When I speak to the Father, it usually is something that I really want. The reason for that is, it is written; Jesus said whatever you ask the Father in My Name, believing , you will receive what you ask. I believe the father, and answers prayers when we ask in Jesus name. He will not refuse.
I pray to the Holy Spirit in Jesus name. I ask for help, guidance, healing for myself and others. I pray in tongues which is a gift of the Holy Spirit. I think it is the most powerful because the Holy Spirit is involved. I also talk to Him the same way. I talk to Jesus.
The bottom line is, whichever member of the Trinity, you pray to , unless your prayer is for something that will harm you in some way, if you believe you will receive.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment