Thursday, August 1, 2013

Riches

Greetings. My Friends;
Discussions of riches take many forms, because of the good and bad associated with them. I will have a few different messages about riches, each one will cover a certain topic connected with them.
Riches are usually described as wealth or abundance. Let us start with wealth, the most common idea of riches.
1 Timothy 6:10 " For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
When I was very young, I suppose, 6 or 7, my old grandmother who had come here from the old country as a girl made a comment to me that I didn't understand at the time. I am guessing it was about packages she had sent to Europe. It was shortly after the war, and she would take most of the little money she had, and would send food and other necessities to her relatives.
I guess part of the problem was that their letters started asking for what, were luxury items that my grandmother could not even buy herself. This one day she had just received a letter and said to me, people are funny, if they have one, they want 2. If they have 2, they want 5 and so on, with no end. She did her best, but she felt it wasn't good enough, so she eventually stopped sending packages. 1st, your money is like that. These old sayings," the more you have, the more you want", tell it like it is.
For one thing, money is deceitful. You can see other people and what they have, and you figure you need more money. A lot of people will go to great lengths to get more to spend more. I have personally known 5 people over the years who worked extra jobs to get more because they thought it would make them happy. Regardless of what we think, money and things are here today gone tomorrow. No matter how much we get, it seems that it never brings real happiness.  Today's treasure is tomorrow's junk.
If you ask a majority of people about how things are going in their life financially, most will reply as soon as they have a few extra bucks, something happens, the car breaks down, wash machine needs fixing, and it goes on and on. What most of us just don't get, is that God wants to be our provider. He wants to shower us with an abundance of blessings.   All we have to do is focus on Him.
We live in a corrupted world, and anyone who wants to focus on the world is free to do so. Do not ask where God is in times of trouble, if you looked for him, you would know. The fact of the matter is, God is loving and trustworthy and riches deceitful and fleeting.
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.;
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment