Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Servants of God

Greetings, My Friends;
Last Sunday after services, it was announced that the men's group would be starting a 19 week study of the healing ministry started over 100 years ago by John G Lake. When I heard about this I had to check it out. Since I am not available for the weekly meeting, I would study on my own. I ordered 2 books written by Lake, but got the Kindle edition, because I wanted them as soon as possible.
I plan on studying a chapter at a time and really sticking to it until I know exactly what the chapter means. The 1st chapter was a doozy. He was talking about such a a commitment for faith only, no doctors, no medicine, just unshakable faith.
He gave a brief description of his journey to reach the point where he consecrated his life to Jesus. Jesus became his whole life.
I have enjoyed reading materials by Spurgeon, Wigglesworth and others. The conclusion I have reached is that these men were touched by God much the same way the apostles were. Their faith and actions were something far beyond the ordinary person. Since faith comes from God, he must've picked out the people he knew would stay the course and bring perhaps millions to Jesus.
At one time, I felt a little envious of people like that. I have learned a lot since then. We all have a level that we arrive at. I believe God takes everyone at the pace that they can handle. Everyone knows what they should do. The spirit guides us and if we follow the spirits leading we progress to the next step. If you follow your carnal mind, you probably won't make very much progress. If any.
I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy reading about these great Christian leaders. I read about their trials and tribulations, and their great successes. Funny thing is that what really gets my spirit happy is seeing how the Lord took these people and turned them into examples of what the power of God can do in a person's life.
If you're anything like me, and read these stories, you have to realize that if you follow the word, you will end up somewhere between where you are and where they were. Praise the Lord!
God bless you and remember,
Jesus loves you.
Prayer Of Salvation;

"Oh God in heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment