Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Power In Verses


It Is Written, James 4:3, you ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
This may seem like a puzzling verse, but it isn't. It simply means that we pray for the wrong things sometimes. God will not give us anything that can possibly lead us to destruction.
God does promise that anything we ask according to His Word, He will provide us. So now the question is, how do you know what is good and what is in error or wrong?
The concordance in your Bible lists subjects alphabetically, with references to verses where it is used. A more extensive list can be found online, when you search Topical Bible Verses.
Prayer is not to be taken lightly. It is a conversation between you and God. Prepare for prayer. Look for the promises of God in His Word for what you need. Put your prayer in the form of a letter or petition. List at least four or more verses about your request. Write from your heart, following God's instructions for prayer.
If you want answers to your prayers, take the time and effort to do it Gods way. He never goes back on His Word, so if you follow His Word, you will receive. Then just stand on that word, and believe.
I speak from experience that came the hard way. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment