Monday, June 8, 2015

Freedom


It Is Written, John 8:32, and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.
This is another one of those verses we have heard dozens of times. Many of us thought it was uplifting, but probably didn't know exactly what it meant.
The average person's life contains times of confusion, misinformation, fear, condemnation, and many other ugly things. And of course we can't forget satan and his helpers.
When you hear verse 32, it is usually by itself. Very seldom is verse 31 mentioned, and that is too bad because it really sets up verse 32 and helps explain it. In verse 31, Jesus said to the Jews who believed, "if you abide in My Word, you are My disciples indeed".
When you put the two verses together, you get the answer. The Word is truth. Follow what the Word says, and you will be free from the cares of the world. You will still encounter problems, but you can overcome them because of the blood of Jesus. He says He will never leave you or forsake you. Trust in the truth of His Word, stand on His Word, and you will always have a victory. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Always remember, Jesus Loves You
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment