Thursday, May 30, 2013

Prayer Continued

Greetings, My Friends.
In this message, I would like to cover prayer a little more. Again, I remind you that what I say is my personal opinion, and not an attempt to convert anyone. Whether you accept Jesus as your personal savior or not is between you and God. These messages obviously go out to people of all levels of belief or unbelief.
The quote from Matthew 18:3,"  I said to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven" the word converted seems to indicate salvation.
Since God calls everyone, my own personal feeling is that if you pray at all, you are hearing the voice of God calling you, whether you think you heard Him or not. The fact that you pray is the 1st step. It is a sign that you do believe at least a little, for what other reason is there for praying.
We include the prayer of salvation at the end of each message under the assumption that at any time someone will answer God's call. A further message or two will be the salvation.
I mentioned previously that when I talk to the Lord I talk as to my most trusted friend. Here is an example of how I pray and should not be taken as the only way but merely a way to pray.
Good morning Lord. First, I want to thank you for all of your blessings, favor and miracles in my life. Today I am going to make a picnic table. I ask you to keep me from doing something stupid like cutting a finger off. Help me to cut straight, measure correctly, and do the best I can. I thank you, I praise you, and I love you.
Prayer of salvation.
" Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."
Remember my friends

Jesus loves you

No comments:

Post a Comment