Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Studying the Bible, Part 1

Greetings, My Friends;
As I think about my own past, I realize that I felt like I was lost in the wilderness for many years. No goals, no hope. After a friend suggested the Bible, things changed. I had to find my way the hard way, but the grace of God got me the there in time.
I am going to give you some valuable shortcuts. You will still have to work a little, but you will get where you're going, and you will realize it is all worth it.
In order to have prayer be as powerful as it can be, you need to take the right steps. The Bible is often called God's instruction manual, or God's love letter to man. It was inspired by the Holy Spirit through the various writers. It is the only way to get to know God's love for you and that is the 1st key. It is my opinion anyway.
Find a good study Bible. The ESV or  NIV is what I prefer, but there are other good versions. As long as the experts are spirit filled, you will be okay. Read a chapter every day. Meditate on each verse. Highlight the verses with what is inspirational to you to begin with. Read all of the explanations on the bottom. Now you have the meat of the chapter. You do have time to do this. Make time.
It would be a good idea to start with the gospel of John, and go from there. Everything hangs on your knowledge of God and his love for you, and the Bible is the key. Before you even open the Bible, ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand what you read. My prayer is, Holy Spirit, I ask you to help me understand and remember your word in Jesus name, amen. That's all there is to it. It is probably the most important thing you will ever do.
The Prayer of Salvation.
" Oh God in heaven I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."
God bless you and remember,

 Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment