Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Forgivness


Greetings, My Friends.
I am compelled to relate to you stories of my struggles and lessons that I have learned over the years. Most if not all of the things I say to you, you probably have heard many times before. I hope that when I tell you something that turned out right, you will be encouraged. I am sure I am not the only one that had these problems.
 Take for instance.  Forgiveness.   We have all heard that it is the Christian thing to do. It is. Forgiving,  for me was a very difficult thing to do. The problem was even worse if I didn't like the person. I would get angry, my blood pressure go up, I would complain to whoever even pretended to listen. I tried to get God to see my side of it. I would spend several horrible days, because as I finally figured out, my pride got in the way and kept me from doing what I knew I should do, and that is to forgive.
After I heard a preacher say for the hundredth time to forgive, I thought about it. I had to admit to myself that he was probably right. What I was doing was like taking poison and expecting the other person to die.
The person who offended you, more than likely didn't know or care that you were angry. Every day that you stay angry is one more he wins. If you forgive him, you win. The problem does not grow larger, you do not commit the sin of pride, and you feel total piece.
I am not saying that I do all of this all the time, but I do honestly try. I am not where I want to be, but I am getting better. You can to, try it.
Prayer of Salvation.
" Oh God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord, Jesus. I receive my forgiveness; I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."
Always Remember;
Jesus loves you

No comments:

Post a Comment