Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Power of Words


Greetings my friends.
Last night I attended a regular meeting of the men's group from church. It is designed for men to have a place to discuss whatever is on their minds. A place where you can discuss things. When you feel you have no one else you can talk to. Carnally of course.
A number of people in our church seem to have a lot of personal problems. They are always tired, always sick, always broke, to name a few. A few of these people are in our group.
I was reading Joel Osteens new book, I declare and could not put it down. I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to share some of these thoughts with the group. It concerned the power of the words we use.
Proverbs 23:7" As he thinks in his heart, so is he."
Proverbs 18:21" Life and death are in the power of the tongue"
Proverbs 6:2" We are snared by the words of our mouth."
It seems to me, since the Bible is God's letter of instructions for eternal life and blessings on earth, words must really be important.
We discussed the fact that whatever you verbalize goes into your spiritual world and starts working. Kind of like a computer, you put garbage in, you get garbage out. Put in the good stuff, and it is a marvel.
You probably know from experience, if you get up and tell yourself you're tired, you will be. The more you dwell on it, the more tired you get. Hate your job? The more you complain about it, the more you will hate it.
If you are a negative thinker, your life will be what you think. You will always be tired, broke, hate your job, and one catastrophe after another will come into your life. The really bad thing, and I see it in  many people, they are in denial. It stands to reason that if the negative is true, the positive must also be true.
To see if I'm talking to through my hat, try this for a couple of weeks and see for yourself. Taking the attitude about everything. When you get up in the morning, say to yourself out loud something wonderful is going to happen to me and my family today, say it, believe it, expect. Other examples are, I feel really good today, I have never had so much pep," I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", Put a positive spin on everything, and say it out loud. Do not verbalize negative thoughts. Ask your spouse to help you catch yourself.
You can do it. Try it. Be honest with yourself.
Got bless you and remember,
 Jesus loves you.
Lord Jesus, I ask you to come into my life and be my personal savior. I give you my life according to your will. I know Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead to bring me salvation, forgiveness of sins, and eternal life. I ask the Holy Spirit to come into my life and guide me in the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment