Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Bible, Part 2

Greetings My Friends;
Before we get off of the subject of the Bible, I would like to mention a couple of things that a lot of people are not aware of.
I personally did not count the number of God's promises, but I did hear a well-known preacher say that the total comes to about 7 thousand. I think that this is a staggering amount, and shows you a little bit about how much God loves us. In the coming weeks we will take a promise or 2 a couple of times a week and see what we can get out of it.
In Matthew chapter 18 verse 3, Jesus says," assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and, become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." My own impression of the little children idea, I believe, is what is meant. When you are a little child, you believe everything your parents tell you. God is your father, and the Bible is what he is telling you. Regardless of what your human brain tells you,  believe  every bit of what the Bible says. That is called faith. Proverbs chapter 3, versus 5- 7" trust the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will guide your path.
Do yourself a favor and avoid the trap that many people fall into. Do not nit pick the Bible. Exercise faith. What have you got to lose by believing the word? When we get to prayer again, we can discuss the converted part mentioned in Matthew.
If you are ready now, or maybe in the future, your heart will tell you.
Prayer of salvation.
" God in heaven, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past.  Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness;   I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen."
God bless you and always remember,

 Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment