Monday, May 13, 2013

Prayer


Greetings my friends.
Today I would like to share some thoughts and facts about prayer.
Many people are confused about what prayer is all about. If you are one of them know that even the apostles weren't sure. Jesus had to help them along. According to Matthew chapter 6, verses 7 and 8. Jesus told the apostles that they should not pray as the heathens do with vain repetition.The heathens use many words, thinking that they would be heard by God. These many words were almost always thoughtless words.
As an example of how to pray. Jesus gave the apostles, the Lord's prayer. He told them to meditate as they pray. Jesus reminded the apostles that they should not use this prayer and repetition, but to concentrate on what they were saying.
In my quiet time with the Lord, I mostly talk to him. As I would to my best friend. I tell him what is on my heart. Whether it's a problem, or thanks for blessing. I have found that the more you thank him for what he is giving you, the more he will bless you.
Prayer is not just asking God for something, it should also  include thanksgiving. You are a much beloved child of Almighty God. Talk to him as a child, a real personal relationship.
The next couple of messages might be a reminder of blessings received, and how you can build a relationship with God. In case you are interested, the key to everything is salvation. The following is a prayer to accomplish just that.
Lord Jesus, I ask you to come into my life as my personal Savior. I believe you are the son of God, you came down and died on the cross, and rose from the dead. Your death and resurrection washed away all of my sins. This and gave me eternal life. I give my whole life to you.
In order to gain salvation. This prayer should be said with complete thought and with your heart.
Till next time, God bless you, and remember,
 Jesus loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment