Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Glorious Day


Greetings, my friends.
Today was a glorious day outside. Warm, clear, sunny, a day only the creator could come up with.
It was about noon, and I was in my yard, checking out all of the berry  plants coming out of their winter sleep. I happened to look down in front of me, and I saw a shadow on my feet. At first I was puzzled. How could that be? Then it dawned on me, since the sun was directly overhead, it had to be caused by my stomach. Good grief!
The last few months, I thought of the possibility of weight gain, because I had some bad habits. Instead of controlling what I ate, I decided to pray to keep the weight off. You're right, I continued my overeating and praying. I guess I thought it was magic, and I would not have to face the consequences.
Well, today was a wake-up call. All of my denial finally caught up with me. The Lord as loving and merciful as he is, he will not enable you to do what is not good for you or someone else.
I shouldn't complain, because I knew in my heart. I was wrong, but I refused to admit it ,even to myself.
Well, I prayed about help to overcome my problem and the Lord answered. He put it in my heart. Just as people throughout the Bible. I had to do my part. I had to reject my ways and face up to the fact that what I have to do may hurt a little, but that is the price for not being honest with myself to begin with.
I am checking out diets, going back to the gym and exercising in general. I must do portion control, no matter how much I want more food, potato chips, ice cream or fries.
I realize God will help me, but at the same time, there is no free lunch. Someone pays. So now that I got over my initial shock and started screwing my head on straight, everything will be fine. In a few weeks, no more shadows. I will do what it takes, with the help of God, not magic.
God bless you, and remember, Jesus loves you!
Lord Jesus, I accept you as my personal Savior. I know you died on the cross for me , and rose from the dead. I give you my self, such as I am, and ask you to help me do your will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment