Sunday, December 28, 2014

Your Calling

It Is Written, Proverbs 20:24, a man's steps are of the Lord; how then can a man understand his own way?
Jesus birthday is over now, and we look forward to a new beginning with the coming of the new year. People start listing what we call new year resolutions. We do it, even if we have failed every year that we tried. We have misplaced faith in our own abilities.
In this message we will look at it from the eyes of a believer. As I often do, I will use myself as an example for two reasons. I have had many setbacks and disappointments in the past, and second, many people have gone through similar times.
When I became a Christian, I wanted to do great things for God. I didn't know what or how, but I wanted it. I saw preachers on TV, read their books, and lamented the fact that age and circumstances prevented my bringing people to Jesus, or so I thought.
I heard many times that God has a perfect plan for each of us. So I started to pray about that plan, but I still had my own idea of how it would go. I don't need to tell you what happened, because you probably can guess, but I'll tell you anyway.
Every time something started to happen, I rejected it. So here you have me praying for God's plan, He starts to work, and I reject it. You can't get any dumber than I was. So it is no surprise that I failed, time after time.
After what seemed like years and years of this type of thing the Holy Spirit put the basic truth on my heart. Choose to believe what He is doing, and to keep my opinions out of it. Well, little by little, things got better. The Holy Spirit put more and more on my heart, and I listened more and more.
So the short version is that He taught me plenty. Each of us is given a job to do, and a set of circumstances to deal with, all for our good and His glory if we listen.
The lowliest person in the world can be one of the greatest in God's eyes. God has different standards. The fact is, you and I might be on this Earth just to say a couple of words to someone that will eventually open their hearts to Jesus and salvation. And that could be our whole purpose here.
I am at the point that I just do what I am led to do, and don't concern myself with anything else. We pray, follow the plan as we are led, and the Holy Spirit does the work.
No believer who puts his trust in God is insignificant. The greatest evangelist is no better than someone who loves and trusts God. So embrace what God asks you to do. Be thankful and joyful because He chose you to do it. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment