Thursday, December 4, 2014

Religion Is Not A Crime

It Is Written, Romans 10:9, "if you confess with your mouth to the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved".
Over the years, there has been a lot of confusion, because of various religions claiming to be the way. Religions for the most part, are like the Pharisees in Jesus time. They started with Moses law, and they added so many laws and rules, that they couldn't keep it either.
After Jesus came and established His church, men again resorted to rules upon rules. Finally a new sect or religion was founded by people who didn't accept what was being taught, and so, on it went.
Jesus made it simple. As it says in Ephesians 2:8-9, "for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Over time many of these religions forgot about Jesus because they were too busy coming up with new rules.
Many people are comfortable with rules, and law in their church. It makes them feel like they are doing something. If you have accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, and go to a church that teaches the Bible, I believe you will still get to heaven, but the trip will be more difficult. The trick is, that you must always remember that you are saved by grace, and not your works.
If you do choose to follow a religion, I would be very careful if I were you. Most people get sidetracked trying to do that. I would strongly suggest a good Bible teaching church period. God bless you!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment