Thursday, December 18, 2014

Prosperity Glorifies God

It Is Written, Psalm 35:27, let them shout for joy and be glad, who favor my righteous cause; and let them say continually, let the Lord be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.
Many people over the years have had the opinion that Christians should be poor. If Jesus was poor, His followers should be too. I guess they didn't read the Word, or they would've seen many times that God wants His people and you to prosper. His people includes Christians as well as Jews.
If you were God, and you wanted people to come to you, would you prefer to show them blessings, or absolute poverty? Prosperity is good for a couple of reasons. It shows blessings, and it makes God happy to bless.
Prosperity God's way, requires a few concessions on our part. God is number one. He gives us prosperity to share with others. We are to share in love as He did. The more we give in love, the more we get from Him.
When we help those in need, the people we help see Jesus love reflected from us. People come to a God they feel loves them. If we pass out this prosperity to others with a joyful heart, we in turn receive joy and  prosperity. Our joy, and the joy of those we help, praise the Lord.
When we realize that we work for God, as Jesus did on earth, it just can't get any better than that. If you get a good job in life, that is good. When you have even a menial job from God, nothing in life can come close. When I wrote this, something that happened 40 years ago came to my mind as a life example of what I'm talking about.
I was working for a family company. I purchased a beat up old car to drive back and forth to work. I parked it near the front door of my company. One day I was having coffee with the man that owned the company. He asked me if that beat up wreck was mine. I told him yes it was. He then told me that he would like it if I didn't park in that spot, because he didn't want people to think that he didn't pay his help a decent salary. Then he laughed. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment