Sunday, December 14, 2014

Value Everything

It Is Written, Psalm 50:14, offer to God Thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the most high.
When we thank God for something, it has no value to Him if the thanks are not sincere. Instead of praising God, valueless thanks are an insult. I started to look at things in my own life a while back. There were a number of things I was not particularly happy with. As a matter of fact there were a couple of things I really didn't like.
One day during my prayer time, I got a very warm feeling in my heart. The fact that I had a nice comfortable prayer room really made me feel thankful. It was at that point that I realized that to be truly thankful, you need to value what you are being thankful for. I started to look at where I live for instance. I would like to live in Alaska, and as a result, I really didn't like living in the big city. As a matter of fact I hated it.
The Holy Spirit laid a couple of things on my heart. God has a plan for my life, and that includes where I live. Because of that, I now see that where I live has value to me. I realize that I cannot pray to do God's plan for me, and then reject the parts I don't like. It is like slapping Him in the face. It then becomes my plan not His.
I decided to rethink everything in terms of value. To me salvation is number one, my family is number two, and probably health comes next. After that comes all of the other priceless gifts from God. And yes, that is exactly what they are, gifts from God.
One way to determine if something has value to you, is to make a list. Put down everything you can think up. If you have an old car for example, list it too. Now next to each item write a simple yes or no. Would the item be missed if it was taken away. Those simple yes answers show you what has value in your life. Then of course, you can also take a look at the 90% of the world, that is not as well off as you are. After I did all of this, my house in the city, started to look like a palace.
If you start thinking about all of your blessings and their value to you, you can then be truly thankful. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment