Monday, December 8, 2014

The Lord's Guidance

It Is Written, Proverbs 3:6, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
This message is perhaps a little unusual, but it illustrates a point. It helps paint a picture of trust.
First a little set up by means of a few short comments. We have all run across Proverbs 3:5 – six, at one time or another. We have to ask ourselves if we have really given it serious thought.
For a long time, I thought I was in control of my life. I had to be, because God would not have made all of those mistakes. Unfortunately it can take many years to figure that out. Much simpler, and less stress, is to follow the proverb from the beginning.
Picture this. Look at the world as completely filled with mines, and booby-traps. You have things you want to do, what do you do? Then one day, a very reliable person you know, tells you that he has a map that shows the locations of these deathtraps. You can believe him or not. On your own, you will die sooner or later. If you trust his map, you will survive. It all depends on whether you trust or not
if you don't know God, you are on your own. You are out there taking your chances, with no hope. If you know God, you talk to Him. When you pray you must have patience and trust, because everything counts on God's timing. God has a complete picture of your whole life. He will direct you one step at a time. Sometimes He may wait to tell you the next step, because He is getting things ready, like clearing obstructions from your path.
If you get tired of waiting, you can do it your way, but that would be an incredible mistake. There are all sorts of booby-traps set by satan to keep you from your ultimate goal, Heaven.
The sure way to Heaven, is to trust in the Lord at all times. You may slip once in a while, but He understands. When you are saved, you have the Holy Spirit guiding each step. Listen and take advantage of that, and no amount of traps or anything satan does will keep you from God.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment