Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Saved Life

It Is Written, John 3:16, for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I must tell you about an incredible experience on Jesus birthday. I was relaxing and listening to a Christmas album I have. The usual, silent night, come all ye faithful, O holy night, etc. Then of course you can throw in Handel's Messiah. I sat there and cried like a schoolgirl at an Elvis concert in the 60s. The music touched my heart so much.
It was a combination of realizing what Jesus did for me, and the words of the hymns that tore me up. The words can really get to you if you pay attention. I feel touched even as I write this.
Now to get to the point. As we, myself included, go about our daily lives, we have a tendency to take our salvation and blessings, and the price Jesus paid for them, for granted. Oh  we think about it sometimes, but the heart, even though it is thankful, doesn't quite have the same level of joy it once had. We can meditate on a verse or two, and feel some joy, but not quite the tear provoking kind.
I have a suggestion for you, and I give you this suggestion because I am going to follow my own advice. I think you'll see for yourself what I mean. On the first of every month, I'm going to sit quietly for an hour or so, and listen to Christmas music that mentions the Lord.
Sound corny? I believe it will give you a boost just as it makes me feel better. It really is a great reminder, and helps you put things in perspective. I guess we need this sort of thing because we are human, and we still have faults even when we are saved. I pray that everyone who reads these messages has a blessed year in every sense of the word. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment