Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Bible, A Challenge?

It Is Written, Proverbs 8:17, "I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me".
Reading the Bible is difficult for many people. As a matter of fact, reading any book is a challenge. It usually comes down to understanding what was just read. I believe this problem is more common than we realize. Here are a few suggestions that you can pass on to a family member or friend that has this problem.
One reason for difficulty, is the way a person reads. For example, if you read one word at a time, it is difficult to put the thought together. Reading a sentence or two, and then thinking about it, usually helps a lot.
Another good way to learn the word, is to use a good daily devotional. I like Kenneth Copeland best, but there are others that are pretty good. Take the time to look at several, and go with what is easier for you.
Another good way to learn is to listen to CD's. The preachers on TV all sell CD's. Pick a preacher you like and check their website Andrew Wommack has a very large selection, that covers many subjects from the Bible. Many can be downloaded free from his website. As with any preacher, just put their name in search, and you will find.
Of course the most common way of learning, is to belong to a Bible teaching church. If you can't find one, most preachers on TV are good teachers.
Just remember that Jesus loves you, and if you seek, the Holy Spirit will guide you, and help you understand. The bottom line is this. You must be saved by accepting Jesus and what He did for you. Confess your sins and invite Him into your heart.
How you study His word, is up to you and the Holy Spirit. There is no condemnation for which ever way you study. God bless you!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment