Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Don't Forget God

It Is Written, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
This message concerns a subject that most of us don't even think about. I have been guilty of this a number of times. Every time I slipped, satan was right there to condemn me.
When you are at home, chances are you have a routine that includes God. Maybe you get up early and read a chapter in the Bible, or listen to CDs on the way to work. You do these feel good things, because you love God, and you realize how much He loves you.
When you go away for the weekend, or take a vacation, you usually break your normal routine. You end up feeling guilty, and satan condemns you tries to tell you that God is upset with you, and guilt takes over.
Well here's the good news. God does not condemn you or punish you. When you give anything to God, money, time, kindness to others, He wants it from your heart, not because you have to.
Think about how you feel when your child gives you a gift, or does something for you, because they love you. How would it feel if they did it because they thought you would be upset with them. If you know they love you, and they forget sometimes, you don't get upset, do you? How much more does God care about us and how we feel.
Now when I am on vacation and my routine is messed up, I know God still loves me. When I enjoy the scenery,  or just being alive and healthy, I make it a point to sincerely thank God for what He has given me , which amounts to everything.
I have a routine only because it helps me set aside time to talk to the Holy Spirit, listen to what he says, and read the word of God. I follow this routine because I feel like a very large something is missing if I don't. I hope this helps.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment