Monday, December 22, 2014

Joy To The World

It Is Written, Luke 1:35, and the angel answered and said to her, the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that holy one who is to be born will be called the son of God.
The vast majority of people in this world, have been raised with the idea that Christmas is Santa and presents. Advertising has reinforced that image for the last couple of hundred years.
Don't get the idea that I am saying that this is sinful. I believe as many people do, that Christmas is a time when even crabby people are less crabby. Most of us are nicer to each other, and show love for others in the thought we put into the gifts we give.
God does the same thing to some extent. He gives us blessings, even though sometimes we don't recognize or appreciate them. The greatest of all gifts ever, was His son Jesus, and through Him forgiveness, and salvation if we accept it.
 My family, and a number of our friends, now celebrate Jesus birthday. We have a birthday cake, happy birthday Jesus paper plates, and wish Him a happy birthday. It would be nicer if we knew the actual birthday, then it would not get mixed up with Christmas. I guess the important thing is that we remember what the day really means, regardless of when it is.
This Christmas season, take a few minutes to realize what the gift of Jesus cost His father. His only son suffering as He did for us. To get a good picture of what He really went through, read Isaiah chapter 53, the whole chapter.
If not for Jesus birth on earth, and what He did, none of us would escape what waits for satan. Rejoice and praise the Lord on His birthday. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment