Sunday, October 6, 2013

Jesus Love Renewed

Greetings My Friends;
When we accept Jesus, it is the best day of our lives. We find out how much He loves us from His Word, and realizing all the blessings we should be thankful for. I think that even if you read the word every day, most people gradually start to lose that first love feeling. Once the excitement goes away it just becomes ordinary.
I was feeling a little down one day, so I prayed about it. I still believed Jesus loves me, but it wasn't quite the same. Well I got my answer pretty quick. Putting it in carnal terms, I was taking God for granted and I realized He was not the problem, I was. He didn't love me any less, and I did not love Him any less, so what was the reason?
Let's compare it to a good marriage. They had the initial excitement when they fell in love. That life. Time goes by, kids come along, maybe a little tight financially, but in spite of it all their feelings don't change toward each other. They just fell into the old trap of taking each other for granted. The spark is there, but the fire is very small.
You fan the spark into a big fire with a little effort. Tell each other every day how much you love each other. A special meal, bring flowers home just because she likes flowers. There doesn't have to be a reason. Have a date night once in a while, do little things for each other. You'll soon see what you have been missing.
Now let's get back to Jesus. He still loves you the same, but you have taken Him for granted. Your inner man is trying to tell you that. Think of how you were when you first got saved, as the old saying goes stick with what works. Don't get down on yourself, just pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and go from there.
Read the Word every day. Every time you think about it, say to yourself Jesus loves me, and I love Hm. Make the effort, you're not that busy. Even little things you do out of kindness to someone else shows love. You don't have to overdo it, just do it. When you get a chance to witness to someone, do it. Whenever I do, I can't help getting excited. It's like a high without drugs.
I may be completely wrong, but I think another problem is that some men have a difficult time loving a man. Get over it, He is God your Savior. You have to put some effort into any relationship to keep it fresh. Don't take God or anyone else for granted.
God Bless You and Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment