Thursday, October 10, 2013

A New Look At Faith

Greetings My Friends;
Faith is a very interesting thing. It makes some people happier than they have ever been, and most of the rest of the people walk in fear or doubt.
Little by little my own faith has grown to the point where I really do believe for anything. I used to have my share of doubt, and that bothered me. If you are a  true believer, there are a few things in the Bible that require a real stretch of faith.
I started to read books from some of the old-time preachers and healers like Wigglesworth, Spurgeon, Bosworth, Lake, and Hagan. I wanted to see what if anything they had in common. They all had tremendous mountain moving faith no matter what the circumstances.
So I went to the Word and looked for verses on faith and promises that were in such plain language that even a five-year-old could understand it.
Romans 4:21 "and being fully convinced that what He promised He was also able to perform"
Matthew 21:22 "and whatever things you ask in prayer, believing you will receive"
Mark 9:23 Jesus said to him "if you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes"
There are literally hundreds of promises in the Bible. They all require that a person believe. As I looked through everything, including a few of my own experiences, I started to reason with my mind. If even one of these promises is not true, then all of them become suspect, including salvation. And if that is true, then Jesus died for nothing.
Let's look at some facts. Jesus worked an amazing number of miracles. These were documented. He gave power to disciples to do what he did. Again this is true. Jesus never said no to healing someone, no matter who they were. He loved everyone. He could have just decided to forget about his crucifixion. Plus the fact that countless prophecies were fulfilled by him.
The preachers I mentioned all healed people and led them to salvation in Jesus Christ. This pretty much refutes the argument that miracles were only for the time of Christ. One last thing. Take a look at yourself and the world. If you think about how complex even the simplest thing is, and everything that has to work perfectly, you have to believe in an Almighty Creator.
After this exercise, I could reach only one conclusion. And that is that it is all true. The Word of God is the Word of God. I do not understand some things, but because it is the Word, I choose to believe. After I finally realized all of this, my faith blossomed. So you see even the human brain cannot argue about faith. Choose to believe for a blessed life.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment