Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dying to Self

Greetings My Friends;
How many times this have you heard that statement? How about seek ye first the kingdom of God. If you are like I was, the big question is, what does all of that mean?
I guess I had a few dreams in my life that have stayed with me my whole life. Mine was a log cabin on a quiet lake in the woods, away from everything. You look at your situation as far as your families needs, the fact that you need to work, and you realize that this could take a while.
Okay . So now you face up to the fact that this dream falls into the area  of retirement. Well at least that puts it into the realm of possibility.
As you go through life and encounter problems, you hang onto that dream to make yourself feel better. It becomes like a security blanket. As life goes on, perhaps you start getting nervous about your progress toward your dream. You might even start obsessing over it, thinking about it all of the time. It could ruin your life if you let it.
Okay, the big day comes that you retire. There could be new obstacles, such as the economy.  If this dream has become an obsession, you feel like you're going to crack up.
I have a little advice for you, regardless of what your dream is. Let's go back to the first part of this message. In the first place seeking the Kingdom of God is probably not as hard as you might think. The Lord knows what you have to deal with. He does not expect you to be on your knees 24 hours a day praying. He does however expect that you will put Him first in your heart.
How hard is that to do? It isn't hard at all. Read the Word every day. If you have to get up a half-hour early in order to read a couple chapters, you'll find it is well worth it. Meditate on what you read during the time your mind would be wandering.
Be the spiritual leader in your house. Again in little ways, live as the word says. If you are young, or at any age really, start out with the gospel of John to learn about Jesus love. Then go to Ecclesiastes to find out what most of us have found to be true.
If you stop obsessing about your dream, your life will be blessed. Your family will be happy. You may still get your dream, or God might give you the desire for a better dream, and give it to you. Forget self, let the Lord handle it.
IT wasn’t so hard, was it?
God Bless You and Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;

"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment