Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Faith 1

Greetings My Friends;
There are many verses in the Bible about faith. I will mention a few at the end of this message. They mean to you what the Holy Spirit reveals to you. The closer you are to the Lord, the more you will understand and hear from the Holy Spirit. You get that closeness  by meditating on the word.
Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Now let's begin with meditating. I used to think that you had to follow an Eastern religion philosophy in order to meditate. Not so. Meditating is not exotic or complicated. Meditating simply means that instead of just reading a verse, think about what it says. Roll it around in your mind, and analyze it. Pray to the Holy Spirit for understanding, and He will help you to understand.
Many of us have had the idea that reading the Bible in a year was somehow religious. I have changed the way I think about that. The Bible in one year is good, but I feel I have had a revelation about the Bible. I go through a book and really look at each line. I have a notepad all of the time, and I take notes about my thoughts. I forgot to mention that before I read the Word, I ask the Holy Spirit for guidance, wisdom, understanding, and to remember what I read.
The Word of God is a seed that is planted in your heart. It grows by the grace of God and how you feed it. It seems to me a garden does not grow quite as well with an occasional sprinkle, as it does with regular deep watering. Meditating on the Word is the watering.
I now believe that if it takes a month to read a gospel for instance, but you really have an understanding of what you read, so what. There is no deadline, do what works for you.
It is easy to say all the correct things such as, Jesus loves me, He doesn't lie, His Word is good and you can count on it. It seems to me  that while all of this true, it is only as true as you believe in your heart. Your heart is the key, not just the words.
Here are a couple of  versus to start your meditations. Do it correctly, and you will know the truth in your heart.
Romans 4:21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised, He was also able to perform.
Ephesians 2:8 for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.
John 6:47 most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed  and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment