Sunday, October 27, 2013

Compassion

Greetings My Friends;
The Hebrew and Greek words for compassion define it as, to have pity on, to deal gently with, sympathy. How does Jesus feel about it? The Bible has a good deal to say about the subject.
Romans 12:15 rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Galatians 6:2 bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Hebrews 5:2 he can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going straight, since he himself is also subject to weakness.
Proverbs 19:17 he who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and he will pay back what he has given.
We see people every day that to the carnal mind do not measure up to our standards. We need to start looking at people with spiritual eyes in this day and age.   It is very easy to judge people. Any time you drive, you will find someone who is not courteous, or he looks for change when he stops in the tollbooth. The list goes on. Healthy looking young people park in handicapped spots. People leave grocery carts blocking a parking space.
We can all name dozens of irritants we run into every day. The fact is they are irritants, not a matter of life or death. Unfortunately when you encounter this kind of stuff over time the average person starts to judge and condemn everyone.
The Bible says we are to have compassion. We don't know what is behind anything that people do. It isn't our business anyway. We did not create these people so we cannot judge them. They may be ignorant, or maybe they just don't care, or maybe they are troubled in some way. Just bless them and move on.
About a half a dozen times in my life I have been approached by people in parking lots of stores, and once at a gas station. They all had stories and needed money. I didn't know if their stories were legitimate or not, so I helped each of them whether they needed five or $20. I was led by the Spirit to do this. After they left I thought that if they were legitimate or not was between them and God. Do it for him.
You never know who really needs help. A good percentage of people who are not working, are not able to for one reason or another. We don't know, and even if we did, let the Holy Spirit be your guide.
Some people are led by the devil and don't even know it. A lot of them were brought up that way and don't know how to be different. I believe if you help 10 people and only one is in need, it is better than denying all ten. You are following the Lords way, and he will reward you. In any case bless them all with a clean heart and you are blessing yourself. Just remember, the Lord has compassion on all of us, so we owe compassion to all those we meet.
God Bless You And Remember
 Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed  and washed in the Word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment