Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hang in There

Greetings My Friends;
This may seem like a funny title for this message, but it does fit. You don't have to try very hard to hear about all of the terrible things going on in the world. Even if you can mentally eliminate most of the sensationalism that is used to report the news, it is still pretty grim. I won't go into a big rehash of what you have already heard on the news, but will briefly mention a few things as they relate to my message.
Take a look at the world situation. It seems all you see or hear about is war, terrorism, famine, natural disasters as well as man-made disasters. It seems there is unrest in most of the world. The world economy is a disaster. People are suffering physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Come to our country. Yes there is plenty to get concerned about. Mass murderers, serial killers, and violence as a way of life to some people. We have elected officials that do not do what they were elected to do. Throw in a shaky economy, and high unemployment and it looks pretty hopeless.
I may sound simplistic, but I am going to give you yet another opinion.
Since Adam and Eve, this world is run by satan. Just look around and you can see his influence everywhere. He hates God, and he especially hates man. His goal is to make things so bad that man will curse God. He also makes illicit pleasures the highest priority for many people. He influences people to eliminate God from daily life. He wants everyone he can get a hold of, worried, miserable, and blaming God.
Now we come to the good part. Believers have the Word of God "the good news" this is a guide to life and salvation.
Psalm 9:9 "the Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble"
Psalm 145:20 "the Lord preserves all who love Him, but all of the wicked He will destroy"
Noah and his family were spared as were Lot and his family. The Lord can do all things, and He will do it for you if you believe. I believe the situation in the world is a wake-up call. The Lord wants to save as many as we can and help them accept Jesus as Savior.
Too many people reject the Bible without ever even looking at it. My question to you is, what have you got to lose? The world is what it is, but those who truly love the Lord will be spared. Heed the call. You are in this world, but do not be of it.
God Bless You And Remember
Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation;
"Oh God in Heaven, I believe with all of my heart that Jesus has been raised from the dead. I receive Your Word, and I repent of sin. I renounce the past. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. I receive my forgiveness. I receive the new birth, cleansed and washed in the word and in the precious blood of Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment