Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year, New Beginning

James 4:8, Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinner, and purify your heart, your double minded.

This is the time of year; many people make resolutions about their upcoming behavior. Most people are defeated after a couple of days. Are they weak and destined to fail? Read on.

There are certain ways to act and think in order to achieve success. Let me explain. God is the source of every blessing and once we realize that, it leads us to realize that the best thing we can do is to get closer to God and His ways. The Bible has all the answers.

Galatians 6: 6, Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.

While nothing replaces the Bible, we can take ideas from it as we learn. The Bible is so full of wisdom, that every day we don’t read it, is a day of blessings we miss.

Psalm 37: 5, commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him. And He shall bring it to pass.

Proverbs 16:3, commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.

The list goes on and on. One thing I found enlightening to me was making a list, To see where I stood concerning God’s Word. I started out writing down the number of hours in a day, and how much time I spend on each thing that I do. When I finished it I was shocked to find out I spent several hours on nonsense things, and a minuscule couple of minutes with God’s Word on days I even looked at the Bible.

Believe me, if anyone put in so little effort on anything, they would fail miserably. Ask yourself, how do I even know what God wants for me, and how can I find out how to be rescued from satan’s attacks.

2 John 1: 9, Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

 For your own good, believe this verse. Many people who believe they are saved will spend eternity in the wrong place. God looks at the heart, and talk is cheap. God gave us His Word as in instruction book, and the Lord Jesus Christ to save us and prepare us to live according to the word.

The plain fact the matter is, the closer you get to God the closer He is to you. And the closer He is to you the more you will be able to hear what He is telling you.  There will be more on this subject later. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge those sins and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. 

Thank You Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment