Thursday, January 19, 2023

Don’t Waste Mind Power

Ephesians 4: 31-32, let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

You might be asking how you waste mind power? The answer is simple. Don’t spend time worrying or in unforgiveness in your heart.

I realize that many people reading this might be thinking this whole idea is stupid or impossible. All I can say is, you are wasting mind power thinking that.

Let us start with forgiveness. Every single person in the world has been betrayed, lied to, lied about, and the list goes on. Many of these are hurtful, and real. However, they are over, and can’t be changed.

Consider this. You were betrayed. A devastating experience for sure. Again, ask yourself a question. Did I get so much pleasure out of it that I want that experience every day for the rest of my life?

Ridiculous right? If you don’t forgive, that is exactly what will happen. Forgive in your heart, you don’t have to forget. Free yourself and use your mind power for better things.

Forgiveness is one of those things in life that God expects of us but is so hard for us humans to do. There is quite a bit of logic in forgiving besides what the Bible says. Do you think that the person you are not forgiving cares about whether you forgive them or not? Hot flash. They don’t. So, what have you to gain except the thrill of reliving the bad experience the rest of your life? This probably isn’t the last time.

Matthew 6:27, Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Matthew 6:34, therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

We have all heard statements like 90% of what we worry about never happens, 6% we can’t do anything about.  Well, my friends, that is pretty close to the truth.

When you think about a problem real or potential, you go through all the worry, aggravation,  and stress that you could possibly handle. You live the whole experience every single minute of every single day until this supposed event will take place. Every minute and every day that you worried, took away from the possible pleasure in your life, and wasted the power of your mind.

It is very hard to get over the habit of worrying, but you will find that if you trust God with the direction of your life, you will make mostly right decisions depending on how many decisions you ask Him for the answer to. When you trust in God for the correct answers to everything you bring to Him, you save stress on your brain.

Faith as most people see it usually involves trusting that God will do something good in our lives. Have you considered the fact that when you believe something negative will happen, that it reflects faith in satan. I know that sounds a little harsh but either way takes faith for good or bad. Don’t waste your mind power. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross, and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment