Thursday, January 26, 2023

How Does Works Work

James 2:14-20, What does it profit my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, depart in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?

Thus, also Faith by itself if it does not have works is dead.  But someone will say, you have faith, and I have works show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe and tremble! But do you want to know oh foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

Many religions tell you that you must do works to get to Heaven. They don’t tell you much about what forms those works take. That of course leaves many questions. What kind of works and how many? What kind of attitude do I have when I do works? Are some better than others? How will I know if I have done enough? It goes on and on, more questions, than answers.

Ephesians 2: 8- 10, For by Grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

The God of the Christians tells us that if we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was the son of God, and died on the cross, was buried, and rose on the third day, He did this to pay for our sins and provide salvation for any who repent of their sins, and accepted saving grace, he will be saved.

When you are saved, you become righteous in God the Father’s eyes because of what Jesus did. At the point of salvation we received the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5: 22-23 lists love, Joy, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness self-control, as traits He will help you exhibit as an example of a Christian. These are only a few of the examples, that reflect Jesus light to others.

You may object that these are works. Yes, they are, but there is a difference. These works are not a requirement for salvation, they are a result of it.

Matthew 5:16, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven.

Each one of us has experienced wanting to do something in our lives, but never quite got around to doing it, like helping someone. The truth of the old saying the heart is willing but the flesh is weak comes to mind.

The works we do after salvation, with the Holy Spirit’s help, are something we desire and do. If you follow Jesus, and what I tell you is wrong, what do you lose. If on the other hand I’m right, you lose for all of eternity, and I don’t have to tell you eternity is a long time. God bless you and your family. 

Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, and I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. 

Praise The Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment