Tuesday, January 31, 2023

My Time With Jesus Tuesday

The Past A Two-Edged Sword

Isaiah 43:18, Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old.

Everyone has a past. The past is a comfort to some as they remember the good old days. To someone else it is a source of pain, a life lived under stress and depression. Then of course you have people that learned from it by changing the old Behavior.

2 Corinthians 5: 17, therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

When you realize who Jesus is, what He did to save us, and receive salvation, we really are a new creation. We come to realize that God Almighty is in charge, and has given us a new start with the knowledge of Jesus and how satan operates.

We have free will to decide if we follow God’s will or satan’s will. If we choose God and follow Him through the leading of the Holy Spirit, we make good decisions.

Romans 8: 28, and we know that all things work together for good to those that love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29: 11, for I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Proverbs 3: 5-6, trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path.

So, you see, your past can work for you or against you. If you keep dwelling in the past and do not recognize your mistakes and correct them, you are destined to repeat those same mistakes in the future. If however you seek Jesus and salvation, He will guide your path and the way you should go, and you will have a life that you can conquer anything through Him. God bless you and your family. Praise The Lord!

Remember Jesus loves you.

Prayer of Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am a sinner. I know you suffered and died on the cross and rose again in order to wash away my sins and to save me. I acknowledge my sins, I Repent of those sins, and I ask you to come into my heart as my personal savior. I believe and I receive the gift of Salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment