Sunday, May 3, 2015

Meditation Is Valuable

It Is Written, Psalm 77:6, I call to remembrance my song in the night I meditate within my heart, and my spirit makes diligent search.
To meditate is to ponder, or reflect on something. When we worry, we are meditating on the negative. As you probably found out, meditating on the negative, or what we call worry, produces what you worried about. Something  we probably don't realize is what a valuable tool it can be if we use it for positive results.
When we read the Bible, most of us just read it as we would read a book. At first it is probably hard to understand, so most of the time we just put it back on the shelf, and we give up on it.
Here is where meditation really helps. Take that Bible and open it to the gospel of John. Read it one verse at a time, and really think about what the verse says.  When you understand that verse, go on to the next one. You don't have a deadline. It is better to read and understand a part of the Bible then none of it. A good study Bible will help you quite a bit to understand.
You will be surprised. If you read a parable and how Jesus explained it, and you really think about it, you will be able to figure out other parables. You will get very comfortable in a very short time, and will actually look forward to studying the Bible.
When we pray for something, we are supposed to believe we receive what we pray for. You will find that if you meditate on the answer, instead of the problem, you will believe without any problem, and therefore will receive what you pray for.
Before you do anything, ask the Holy Spirit in Jesus name for wisdom and guidance. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment