Thursday, April 30, 2015

Take up Your Cross


It Is Written, Matthew 10:38-39, and he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.
Does that scare you? Do you need a little help understanding these two verses? What I now say to you, is what I believe from reading a few sources concerning these verses.
When we accept Jesus as our Savior, we should commit to living our lives by Jesus example. It does not necessarily involve physical pain or suffering for many of us. It should be pointed out however that even today, there are what is known as martyrs, in this world because they believe in and love Jesus.
Our daily cross is pretty simple, but hard for a lot of people. We are to love our neighbor, help those in need, be kind, forgiving, generous, nonjudgmental, and be thankful for all the blessings we have received from God. We are to live as God directs us. He has the plan and we are to follow it without complaining. When you look at what Jesus did for us, there is nothing to compare to what we go through. His cross was to bring salvation, our cross helps us to get there.
Losing our life, is basically our will for our life. Putting it simply, if we follow our will, and let the world dictate who we are and what we do, we run the risk of not receiving salvation, because the things of the world are against God. By accepting Jesus and loving His way, we will spend eternity with Him. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment