Thursday, April 16, 2015

Do You Believe?

It Is Written, Job 13:15, though He slay me, yet I will trust Him even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.
A movie just came out by that name. We thought it was very good. One of the biggest reasons is, it makes you ask yourself, do I believe?
We aren't talking words here, we are talking about the real thing. Talk is cheap, action is real . The Bible says faith without works is dead, but don't confuse that with, you are saved by faith and not by works.
A very good way to test yourself about whether you believe or not is to read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. Does any of it really apply to you? Be honest about it. If very little describes how you are, maybe you should work at it a little bit. Sometimes we all need a reminder in order to grow in faith.
Take each verse, and meditate on it. Apply it to your everyday life. Even if you take one verse a week, and work just on that verse, it will change your life.
The newspapers are full of Christians being persecuted or killed every day. That gives you an idea of how biblical faith probably was in action. None of us know how we would be under those conditions, but praise God we may all end up with the same kind of faith, even if all we ever do is practice 1 Corinthians chapter 13. The point is, as we seek God, and trust Him, our faith will grow. God loves us as much as He loves those being persecuted, so just do your best.
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment