Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spend Life Wisely

It Is Written, Ecclesiastes 6:12, for who knows what is good for man in life, all the days of his vain life which he passes like a shadow?
Solomon like many of us, became an old man so fast that he couldn't believe it. As most of us do, he looked back on his life and unlike us, he decided to write about it in the book called  Ecclesiastes. In case you haven't read it, it basically tells the story of his life. The futility of wealth and possessions, how short life is, and what will happen to those possessions when you are gone.
I look at the brief time we spend here like a grain of sand. Take every grain of sand in the world, and put it all into one pile. Then take one particular grain and put it in that pile. Then somehow mix the whole pile. Can you see your grain?
I compare eternity to that sand pile, and my life as a that grain of sand. Even if you could make a mountain of sand, for each star in all the universe, and put all of them in one place, my one grain would not even make the start of the beginning of eternity in comparison.
Since a lifespan is that insignificant in the scheme of things, why not take advice from the Bible and live according to it. Eternity is forever, life is not even as long as the blink of an eye. The short life we have will be so much better, with our God in it. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment