Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Forms of Praise

It Is Written, Hebrews 13:15, therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.
I start this message looking at praise as something other than sacrifice. The way I look at it, if you are really praising God, there's joy in your heart, and the praise comes naturally.
When you examine the word praise, you may be wondering what exactly does that mean. There is faith and trust in God, there is thanksgiving, music, following God's law. I believe that if your heart is right, God is pleased regardless of what we do.
Music comes in various forms today. Old-timers like me have a tendency to prefer the old hymns, while young people prefer the much less conservative music  found in most churches. I have heard a couple of pastors saying that they must appeal to young people. Maybe they are right, but I am simple enough to believe that if you teach the word, and welcome the Holy Spirit, the music will take care of itself.
Faith and trust. How do you feel when you realize that whatever you tell your children they believe. When you promise something they trust you will do it. Make you happy and feel warm all over right? God knows it is a little harder for us, because we cannot talk to Him in person, or look Him in the eye. I imagine it means even more to Him, when we ask, and trust in Him.
Thanksgiving. We are made in God's image, so think about that. When you give something to someone, or do something nice for them, how does it feel when it is obvious that they are really thankful? The other side of the coin. If you gave something, or did something, and it was your best, and they did not acknowledge it at all, now how would you feel? If we would feel bad, can you imagine how bad God must feel after all He did for you and me?
When it comes Thanksgiving, I find it very good to think Him all day, every day. A simple thank you for this day Lord, or thank you for my health, it doesn't have to be nonstop. Each of us has dozens of reasons every day to be thankful. It wouldn't hurt to praise God by acknowledging what He does for us. So you see praising God is not all that difficult. The greatest praise you can give Him is to try to live your life the way He wants you to. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment