Sunday, April 12, 2015

How Great Is God's Love?

It Is Written,1 John 4:16, and we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
I thought that I really loved God. I also thought I had compassion for my fellow man, and love people as a result. The Holy Spirit put some things on my heart after I saw the movie "Do You Believe".
I have come to realize that all of us have limits as to what we will do, and how much we love God. I know for a fact that I had limits and didn't even know it. The problem is, we compare ourselves to other people. The common idea that most of us have, is that we are not as good as some, and better than most.
Well my friends, God doesn't operate that way. God gives His all to us and expects us to pass it on to others. God has no limits. God is not partial to anyone. When Jesus was here, and He saw someone in need, He didn't see what sex they were, how old they were, or what color they were. He only saw someone needing Him.
Imagine for a minute, that God is like a high-pressure firehose, putting out a fire. How effective would it be if all of that water had to go through a nozzle with the force of a drinking fountain? When God sends all that water, He expects us to pass all of it to where it is supposed to go, not just a few drops.
Are there any water fountain faucets out there besides me? I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit, to see the real me. Remember convicted does not mean condemned. It means He has brought it to my attention.
With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will keep getting better at doing it Gods way. I will do my best, but I am human, so I will stumble once in a while, but I won't be condemned.
There are probably a lot of people like me, so when an opportunity comes up, ask yourself, what would Jesus do? I have repented for judging myself by other people, and will use God's standard as much as possible. I know that as long as I love Him and do my best He will be pleased. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment