Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Meaning of Jesus Temptations

It Is Written,1 John 2:15, 16, do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him, for all that is in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the father but is of the world.
The other day as I started to read Matthew, I saw the temptations of Jesus in the desert in chapter 4. I immediately felt that I received a true interpretation of what it meant from the Holy Spirit. I emphasize that the following is what I believe, and is not intended to convince anyone of anything.
When Jesus was tempted, He was a man, so He felt the way a man does, and His responses to satan were an example of how we should react to things of this world.
When Jesus said "man does not live by bread alone" He was indicating there is more to life than the physical. The spiritual life providing real and eternal life is what counted more than anything else.
When satan twisted Scripture and told Jesus to throw Himself down, and His Angels would catch Him if He was the son of God, Jesus refused. Jesus did not let His pride takeover. I believe there is another part that Jesus was saying to us. You cannot throw yourself into sin just because you are a child of God and He will forgive you. A true child would not intentionally do that.
When satan shows Jesus the kingdoms and riches of the world, again Jesus refused to give in to satan, and by doing so sends us the message that we should put God as number one in our lives. Nothing should come before God, and we should reject anything in our lives that can possibly take His place in our hearts.
I have often heard it said, that if you spend your whole life reading the Bible hours every day, you never learn everything that is in there. There is always something new and exciting, that presents itself to you. I believe this is one example of what I am talking about. It is short but to the point. If you seek revelation from the Holy Spirit before you read your Bible, you will be amazed at how clear things can become.
If we seek the wisdom and guidance of the Holy Spirit, He will make us aware of many things in our daily lives, as well as open the Bible to us. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment