Thursday, March 5, 2015

About The Heart

It Is Written, Proverbs 23:7, for as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
We are all familiar with the workings of the heart on an emotional level. If you suffer loss of a loved one, you actually feel pain in your heart. The heart sets up sadness in your mind, and controls the functions  of your body. When something good happens, your heart feels like it is all charged up. Your mind gets happy, and your body feels great. I believe your heart controls your brain most of the time and the health of your body all of the time.
As you can tell, your heart controls who you are, and how you treat others. God felt the heart was so important, that it was mentioned in dozens of verses in the Bible.
When you see someone in need, you have two choices. You can have compassion(heart) and it tells your brain to help, or your heart is not compassionate, and it tells your brain to find an excuse for not helping.
Jesus spoke in the Bible about worthless sacrifices, and how he hated them. He spoke that way because He knew their hearts. Going through the ritual of animal sacrifice for instance, without a repentant heart is totally meaningless.
When you ask God for forgiveness of your sins, if you are sincere in your heart, He is quick to forgive even the worst sinner. How do you know if you are sincere? I don't speak for anyone else, but I feel an actual ache in my heart, and an anxious feeling in my brain when I have sin on my conscience. A total sense of peace follows the confession.
Think about how you feel when you know for sure that your spouse really loves you. Think about the opposite. When you love someone with all your heart, no sacrifice is too great. If you don't love them, you aren't likely to sacrifice much.
When you pray for someone from your heart, your prayer is heard and will be answered. If you are just saying words, don't waste your time. If you help the poor because of compassion, you will be blessed. However, if you give in order to be noticed, or you give grudgingly, save your money, God isn't impressed.
We could go on and on with examples, but there is no reason to do that right now. The Bible is a great source of wisdom, that is why God inspired it, and Jesus lived it. If you ever wondered about how to improve your life, read God's word. He is the greatest giver, with the biggest heart, ever. It is not called the good news for nothing. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment