Thursday, March 26, 2015

God's Idea of Prayer

It Is Written, Matthew 6:7, when you pray, do not use vain repetition as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
This verse can best be explained as God prefers quality not quantity. Prayer is powerful communication from us to God. He prefers a few words from a sincere loving heart, rather than thoughtless words. This is a father, child conversation.
 We can pray for anything that is in keeping with God's word, and expect it to be answered. He hears all sincere prayer, and answers. I believe that God has the idea from what I have read, that the most powerful prayer is when we pray for someone else. When you sincerely pray for someone else, you are fulfilling God's command to love one another. This doesn't mean you shouldn't pray for yourself.
In God's system it is simple. You pray for other people. Other people pray for you. You are blessing others, it is pleasing to God, and you are being  blessed. So if you don't pray for yourself, don't be concerned about it, because there are other people praying for you .
As I said before there is nothing you cannot pray for. But be advised, it cannot conflict with God's word. Prayers are powerful. Pray for family, friends, strangers, those running our government, other governments, peace in the world, and anything else you can think of. If enough people pray, prayer can change anything. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment