Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Our Home Is in Heaven

It Is Written, Matthew 5:12, rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Most of us have not grasped the idea of heaven and what it is like, or how long eternity is for that matter. Since we have nothing to compare it to, we have a difficult time. People are visual, and unless they see something, it is very difficult to imagine what something is really like, if it is out of the ordinary.
Just as hard as it is to visualize the glory of heaven, the horrors of hell cannot be visualized either. In this message however we will concern ourselves with heaven.
I think we need to start out with the basic fact that God is in heaven. He is our father and loves us beyond what we can understand. He created us with the idea that we would spend eternity with Him. With these facts, we can paint a partial picture of heaven.
God is there, so we won't have to be concerned with sin, violence, sickness, sadness, and all of  the other problems that this broken world that we currently live in confronts us with.
I believe that since Jesus will be totally accessible to us, we can see Him anytime we want. Maybe have coffee with Him in the morning, or just talk. If we want to, we can give Him a hug and He will probably hug us back, only hugs in heaven will be much better than hugs here on earth.
Since heaven is filled with the glory of God, we will be filled with it too. Our joy will be beyond measure. As far as the rest of it, I believe it will be a new kind of total excitement and joy. I cannot even speculate on anything else.
All of the people that say they visited heaven, or heavenly beings visited them, paint pretty much the same picture. They don't say much, and what they do say is pretty much like each other. I'm not saying they didn't visit heaven or have a vision or a dream. Regardless of what it was, it is very comforting to many people. I wouldn't mind that kind of vision myself.
I take comfort in knowing God loves me. I know I was created to enjoy heaven with him for eternity, and I will be happy beyond measure. Join us. Your ticket to heaven is salvation through Jesus Christ. Have a blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment