Sunday, March 29, 2015

Is the Bible Relevant for Today?

It Is Written, John 8:51, most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he shall never see death.
In the world today, an overwhelming number of people believe the Bible is out of date, and it should be brought up to modern times. They claim that it may have been good 2000 years ago, but that was then and this is now. To prove a point, many people like to twist things around a little bit. For instance, they say abortion is not forbidden in the Bible. It is true abortion is not mentioned in the Bible, but murder is. Homosexuality is not mentioned, but sex between males is. I even heard it said on a TV show that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of hospitality issues.  Really?
When we read about the Exodus, we see that the Israelites were given the promised land. The only thing they had to do was go in and take it. They didn't believe, and were too busy complaining about everything to do anything about it. They had a comfort zone that was actually a slave mentality. All the original people that left Egypt except Joshua and Caleb died without entering the promised land. They just wandered for 40 years because they did not believe God.
 Okay so let's compare them to us. Our being saved  is the equivalent of leaving bondage in Egypt. I compare the promises God made to them, to the promises God made to us when we were saved. We have to take our promises too, only we do it by faith and the knowledge of Jesus. Just like them we have to take God's word for it and do it. As you can see so far there are some pretty good parallels between then and now.
Just a few more examples for you to think about. Jesus taught using parables in many cases. If you read the parables and think about each one the way, Jesus explained them, you can easily put yourself into each one of them. Believe me, if you open your heart to the Holy Spirit and ask Him He will bring understanding to you and at that point it will be really easy to see yourself, I know it was for me.
Just a couple of the parables that you may want to take a look at and see for yourself. You have the wise and foolish builders in Matthew 7:24 – 27, and the parable of the sower in Matthew 13:3 to 23.
There are many more, but these will give you the idea of what I'm talking about. If you think about everything in this message with an open mind, even if you aren't saved yet, I think you'll agree, the word is just as relevant  today as it was then. There are so many easy comparisons, that I believe it would be hard argue otherwise. Have a very blessed day. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment