Monday, March 9, 2015

Despair

It Is Written, Psalm 42:11, why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him. The help of my countenance and my God.
A lot of people have the impression that preachers are hardly ever troubled by satan, and never get depressed. They just tell everyone to rebuke satan, and they go on with their happy insulated lives.
I write these messages regularly, and I try to cover things that can be helpful, and I believe help people to know God because I feel I am led by the Holy Spirit.  I don't say anything just because it is my opinion. It is fact as I understand it.
When I woke up this morning, I was totally depressed. I had an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. A big dark, heavy cloud seemed to be over me. And everything in my life suddenly became sickeningly oppressive. I didn't want to get out of bed.
I asked the Lord, what is going on? Why do I feel this way? I said help me Lord. I felt I could not write a message today. I was hardly ever depressed even a little, so you can imagine how I felt. I decided the best thing I could do was talk to the Lord in my office, and read the word. I know from experience that satan cannot hang around where the word is written or spoken.
When I got to my office(in my house) I spoke to the Lord about how I felt, and I asked Him what I am supposed to do today, and then sat quietly waiting for an answer.
As I waited, the depression started to lift. I felt the message from the Lord in my heart. He said. I have just shown you a little bit of what countless people feel all of the time. I wanted you to feel their pain, so that you would understand totally how people suffer because they don't know I love them. Tell them that I am waiting for them to come to me, because I cannot help them unless they ask.
At that point I said to the Holy Spirit, okay Holy Spirit let's do it. The devil is real, and he does attack everyone that doesn't belong to him. He can't get you if you don't let him. Don't get to rebuking him constantly, because it usually indicates fear, and he feeds on that list. Just say help me Jesus. If you mention Jesus name, or read a verse or two and meditate on them, or if you are able to pray in tongues, you are shifting your focus from satan to Jesus.
Jesus loves all of us, and wants us to be happy and healthy. God created each of us to be perfect. When sin came along, satan was able to afflict man with all sorts of things. satan wants to keep people under his thumb,  and put so much pressure on us that we forget what God gave us to protect us from all evil.
God himself loved us so much, He sent Jesus to save us, and Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit and His power with the authority of Jesus name to make  right what satan stole.
God is above all. We are His children and He loves us. If we cling to Jesus, satan wouldn't have the chance of a snowball on the sun. If you are happy knowing that you are a child of God, the depression satan tries to put on you would not have a chance. Keep your mind and heart on Jesus. It may be difficult at first, but Jesus is the answer to all of your problems.
As I always say, remember, Jesus loves you.
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment