Monday, March 16, 2015

A New Man in Christ

It Is Written, Isaiah 53:5, but He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
When preachers talk about divine healing, this is usually the first verse they quote as proof of healing. Many religions do not believe in divine healing, but there are plenty of people that were healed, that wouldn't agree with them.
The cross and what Jesus did, is the cornerstone of the Christian faith. Salvation, forgiveness of sin, divine healing, are all linked to the cross.
We are told that we receive all of these things and more by faith. The parts of that statement that are difficult for some people to accept, are forgiveness and healing. Forgiveneess beause they feel they have sinned  too much for God to forgive them. And many look at healing as having died with the apostles. We do not have the choice to pick out what we like, and discard the rest. The Bible is God's word, every bit of it.
I have heard a couple of preachers say, that you have to put your afflictions on Jesus on the cross, in order to be healed. I have also heard that the old man must be crucified with Christ, spiritually.
I believed what they were saying, but I wrestled with how you do it. I didn't know, so I put that idea on the shelf as they say. Then one morning a week or so ago, I was in my prayer time. I was thinking about what I just mentioned, and suddenly in my mind, I saw myself throwing afflictions at Jesus, and saying "Lord you take this, I can't handle it." I also saw someone that looked like me, going up to Jesus body on the cross. At that point, the one that looked like me, seem to be absorbed by Jesus body. All of this probably took about 10 seconds.
I literally could feel changes in my spirit. I actually experienced joy, and understanding like never before. If you seek, you will find. It is God's promise. Every morning, find a quiet place for 15 min. Talk to the Lord. Close your eyes and visualize giving a sickness or other problem to Jesus. When you give it to Jesus, it is no longer yours.
Next picture yourself , melting into Jesus body on the cross. At that point you are spiritually crucified with Him. You will never be the same. Have faith and patience, and do it every day until it happens. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment