Sunday, November 2, 2014

On Your Way

It Is Written,1 John 2:25, and this is the promise that he has promised us, eternal life.
There are a number of what I will call new Christians out there. Many of these people are not sure of some things. They sometimes do not understand the next step. They aren't sure what God expects. I have listed the following hints to get started.
When you accept Jesus as your Savior, all of your sins, past, present, and future have been forgiven, by the grace of God, and Jesus crucifixion. With grace, you don't want to sin. We all do from time to time, and even though they are forgiven, we should acknowledge the sin before God.
The 10 Commandments are a start. We must realize that there were over 600 Commandments. As far as I know, there is no list of these Commandments in order. Even if we could just read them all, we probably wouldn't remember them all.
So you wonder, what do I do? Should I worry about losing salvation? Positively not! The answer is simple, and at the same time very difficult for a lot of people. For some reason, many people cannot accept the idea that the answers to everything, are in the Bible.
The Bible is the word of God. All of the Commandments are sprinkled through it. Don't expect each one to have a number in front of it. The common excuses for not reading the Bible are, I don't have time, or it is too hard to understand. If someone handed us 1000 page book, written in a foreign language, and told us that the location of $1 billion is contained in that book, would you find a way to read it?
The Bible is the key to the will of God, and eternity with Him. Much more valuable than just money. A study Bible takes the mystery out of it. What the Bible says, is what it means. We cannot pick out what we believe or not. We cannot decide what God really meant. He said what He really meant. If you bake a cake, play a game, or whatever else, if you don't follow the instructions, you will not have a good result.
If you are a person who cares about other people, give your time and/or money to help someone, recognizes your blessings and thanks God, forgives other people, you are well on your way. The Holy Spirit put all that into your heart. He is that little voice that talks to most of us. You are pleasing God, and He is calling you because He loves you.
The greatest treasure ever, is in that book. The word of God, the Bible. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and  resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment