Sunday, November 16, 2014

God Does Not Abandon

It Is Written, Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you"
Many times in our lives, we experience times that we do not feel as close to God as we would like. Sometimes we feel sorry for ourselves. We may go through periods of real depression. If you read the Bible, you'll find many famous characters that went through the same things. Read Lamentations if you don't feel like finding them all. Many think it was written by Jeremiah the prophet, "the weeping prophet". David was another good example. In our times, there are many preachers that go through even more.
We go through this stuff because of attacks by satan. As we all know satan is always condemning us and trying to pull us away from God. In his hopeless situation he wants us to feel hopeless too. He hates God and wants to hurt him by using us.The closer we get to God, the harder satan tries.
 You may think I am wacko, or have been in the sun too long, but read on anyway, and think about it.
The closer you get to God, the harder satan tries. That tells me that I am on the right track.
If you realize that God will never abandon you, you know that even a very rough patch is okay, because you have the ultimate prize in your future.
God allows problems in order to help our faith grow. However He does not allow more than we can handle.
God is always with us. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding".
God does not want us to go by how we feel, He wants us to trust Him always, no matter what.
If you really meditate on what I just said, I think you'll find out as I did, that maybe things aren't as bad as they look, and you really can count on God to help you. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed,  your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment