Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Measure Of Faith

It Is Written, Romans 12:3, for I say, through the grace given to Me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

God gives each man a measure of faith. Each person has the same size measure to begin with, but some people appear to have more. How come?

Let me start out with an example to set up what this message is about. Suppose two people were given an identical saw and hammer. After a while, a couple of months or even years, you would normally find that one person makes simple boxes, and the other makes furniture.

There is an obvious difference that cannot be accounted for by the tools. If you examine further, you would probably discover other reasons for the big difference. Perhaps imagination, or effort.

Faith is basically the same way. Jesus told the parable of the sower. A perfect way to explain the process. Faith given to the believers, even though both are saved, the results are different.

My personal belief is that the amount of faith perceived by a person, is directly associated to the time and effort spent seeking God. I am not talking about works. They are both still saved, but one has a relationship with God, and knows Him intimately. The other knows about God, but doesn't have much of a relationship.

With the relationship, comes more trust and dependence on God. The result is more blessings. I guess this is where the idea of a larger portion of grace, or faith came from. If you want to be more like a preacher you have seen, you must be prepared to do what he did. Most people can't. If you can't, don't condemn yourself, because the Holy Spirit probably wants you to do something else. Everyone has the same measure of faith, but each of us uses it differently.

Remember Jesus Loves You

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my heart as my personal Savior.

Thank You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment