Monday, November 24, 2014

Signs Of The Times

It Is Written, 2 Timothy 2:12, if we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
It Is Written Matthew 24:13 but he who endures to the end shall be saved.
Both of these verses are good to keep in the back of your mind, because times are tough and getting tougher. I start this message by saying I am not a gloom and doom person. I also want to make it clear that I am not predicting the future or when the end times will begin.
The other day I was watching a couple of news programs. I don't normally do that, because the news makes me angry at times. In a nutshell, innocent people at prayer were hacked to pieces. Then they showed people dancing in the street to celebrate this horrific occurrence. One of the people proclaimed that the murderers are heros, and are in heaven.
A bit later, another network showed tapes of speeches made by the top government guy, containing dozens of out right lies. Another key individual on a number of occasions proclaimed that the voters are stupid . He came right out and said people could not handle the truth, so they had to be lied to for their own good.
The next video showed a person that is in Congress, as well as a few others, making inflammatory speaches that amounted to inciting violence. The rule of law, and the entire justice system, as well as the Constitution, are all being trampled on, by the very people who are supposed to ensure law and justice.
So by now if you are still reading, you are probably wondering what this is all about. satan thought that by killing Jesus, that he would be higher than God. He was wrong.
If you look at the world today, all you see is chaos and unbelievable violence. satan seems to be trying again. He just might be making another gigantic mistake. People generally like to leave God on a shelf somewhere out of sight. There is something pretty predictable about humans. When things get really bad, and are getting worse, the survival instinct kicks in, and they call out to God. Even self-proclaimed atheists have been known to do that.
It seems logical to me that satan really messed up again. Because of all the turmoil, there is a good possibility that more and more people are turning to God.  Somehow that is a comforting thought. One thing we must all keep in mind, is that the story has already been written, and satan loses. All we have to do is trust God, and hang in there. Praise the Lord!
Remember Jesus Loves You
Prayer of Salvation
Lord Jesus, I thank you for what you did on the cross for me. Your blood washed away all my sins, by your stripes I was healed, your death and resurrection brought me salvation. Please forgive my sins, and come into my life as my personal Savior.
Thank You
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment